NEW YORK – Nov. 3, 2016 – NS1®, the leading intelligent DNS and traffic management provider with a mission to Build a Smarter Internet™, announced today that new customer acquisitions and existing customer expansion drove triple-digit same quarter year-over-year growth. The company’s industry-leading support is cited by customers as a key differentiator in the marketplace and has helped the company achieve a remarkable 99 percent customer retention rate over the history of the business.
Now more than ever, enterprises are focused on building redundancy into their application delivery stack. Having recently launched its Dedicated DNS solution designed to provide enterprises with dual network reliability through a single control plane, NS1 is well positioned for continued success in the marketplace.
The company will host a webinar today at 2 p.m. Eastern time entitled “Redundant DNS: Eliminate Your Single Point of Failure,” where senior technical leaders will discuss redundant DNS options.
- Raised more than $23 million in a Series B round led by Deutsche Telekom Capital Partners, with participation from Two Sigma Ventures and existing investors, including Flybridge Capital Partners and Sigma Prime Ventures.
- As part of the funding, Deutsche Telekom Capital Partners’ Jack Young has joined NS1’s board.
- In the past year, the company has doubled its head count and, in October, opened a field office in the Greater Boston metro area to further support commercialization efforts.
- NS1 continued to focus product development efforts on automation and DevOps integrations tools, including the release of a Mesos connector enabling service discovery for Apache Mesos environments, a full-function CLI and a Go language client.
- Launched Dedicated DNS, a unique offering in the industry that provides full DNS network and server redundancy for NS1 Managed DNS customers. The Dedicated DNS solution delivers the added security of DNS redundancy without the complications of dual provider solutions.
- Sponsored key community events including DevOpsDays Boston, Chicago, New York, Dallas and Philadelphia, as well as hosted a number of Meetups in the Bay Area, New York City and Texas.
Kris Beevers, NS1 co-founder and CEO, said:
“The internet’s threat landscape is evolving at an unprecedented pace, and today, DNS redundancy is a critical need, not just a nice to have. At NS1, we have always pushed the limits of DNS technology with our purpose-built platform for businesses with high-volume, mission-critical applications. We are continuing to change the game by enabling DNS redundancy without the need to compromise on advanced features, automation or ease of use.”
NS1’s intelligent DNS and traffic management platform, with its data-driven architecture and unique Filter Chain routing engine, is purpose-built for the most demanding, mission-critical applications on the Internet. NS1’s comprehensive platform technology leverages infrastructure, application and network data to make intelligent routing decisions in real time, ensuring optimal application performance and reliability. NS1’s customers include Yelp, LinkedIn, Imgur, MaxCDN, Collective Media and others. Visit ns1.com to learn more.