See below for a detailed overview of how to configure Rackspace cloud monitoring into the NS1 portal.
Creating a Webhook in your Rackspace Cloud Monitoring Account
1. In the monitoring section of your Rackspace account (More Products -> Rackspace Intelligence -> Monitoring)
create an Entity and note the entity ID associated.
2. Create a Check and assign it the task of reviewing the resources in question on your host. (to monitor system resources such as CPU or Load, install the agent first). Confirm Alarm settings and click Create check and alarm.
3. In the NS1 Portal, navigate to Integrations and under Supported Services select Rackspace Cloud Monitoring. Create an Incoming Data Feed. If this is your first Rackspace Integration you may optionally specify an X-Rackspace-Webhook-Token value which we will validate in all notifications; if unspecified we will not do validation. This can be pulled via the Rackspace API. Assign the new feed a name and input the entity ID noted in Step 1. (Check ID and Alarm ID can be left blank for now, if you choose to you can assign them later to further validate your incoming checks and alarms.)
4. Back in the Rackspace Intelligence portal, navigate to the Notifications tab and create a notification of type webhook, enter the Feed URL provided from the NS1 data feed you just created (This is found in the NS1 portal under Integrations -> Incoming -> Your new Rackspace Alarm Notification)
5. Navigate to the Notification Plans tab and create a notification plan, once created click Add Notifications and select your NS1 webhook and save.
6. Navigate to the entities tab, select your entity, select your check, edit your notification plan (gear icon next to your monitoring alarms) and select your new notification plan (e-mail will be the default).
7. Finally, back in the NS1 portal, navigate to the answer(s) you wish to link to the new Rackspace Cloud Monitor. To connect the Rackspace data feed with the answer's Up metadata, add the Up filter, select it in the Filter Chain, and navigate to the metadata icon to the right of the answer. Select the plug icon next to the Up metadata and choose your Rackspace datafeed.
Now, changes to the status of the monitor within Rackspace will set the answer to either Up or Down based on the criteria chosen.