See below for a detailed overview of how to configure your Pingdom integration in the NS1 portal and your Pingdom account. Note this integration only supports Pingdom BeepManager.
Configuring Pingdom as a Data Source in the NS1 Portal
1. Navigate to the Integrations section of the NS1 portal, scroll down to the list of Supported Services and select Pingdom.
2. Click on "Create an Incoming Datafeed," which will prompt you to choose a name for your Pingdom BeepManager Alert and enter the Pingdom Check ID. This name does not need to match anything entered in your Pingdom account and, for the time being, just enter a dummy ID (eg. 123456). We'll update this later once we complete the setup process in your Pingdom account. Now click "Create Datafeed from Pingdom" to generate.
3. Your browser should redirect to the Incoming tab. Now locate the Feed URL that has been generated for your new data feed. You will need to enter this in your Pingdom account shortly.
Creating a Webhook in your Pingdom Account
1. In the Alerting section of your Pingdom account, select Alerting Endpoints and give your webhook a name.
2. Add Contact Method and select URL/Webhook. Insert the feed URL generated in the NS1 portal. Click Add and then Save Settings.
3. Navigate to the Alert Policies section and select Add Alert Policy.
4. Assign this new alert to the URL/Webhook you created, in this case “NS1 Webhook Alert.” We recommend setting no delay on notifications. Fill in all other fields as you wish and hit Save.
5. Now that your alert policy is in place, it’s time to connect to the desired domain. Hit Connect Checks next to the policy you just created, in this case “NS1 Test Alert Policy.”
6. This screen will display all domains for which an alert policy is not yet configured. Make sure your new alert policy is selected at left and simply check the box and hit Connect. Your new alert policy should now appear under the CONNECTED TO column.
7. Navigate back to the Monitoring section of your Pingdom account and under BASIC CHECKS select Uptime. This will show you the check(s) you have configured.
8. Click anywhere on the check to generate a pop-up screen. This will result in the Check ID appearing in your browser. You will need this ID number to generate a feed in the NS1 portal.
Connecting Pingdom Check to a Data Feed in the NS1 Portal
1. Now it's time to update your Pingdom alert with the Check ID that you just generated. Open the drop-down menu in your BeepManager feed and click Configure.
2. Enter the Check ID (2065962) that appeared in your browser when completing step 8 above and click Update Datafeed.
3. Under the Zones section of the NS1 portal, navigate to a record that contains Answers you wish to monitor via Pingdom.
4. If your Filter Chain is already configured with the Up filter, click Filter Data to make the associated metadata appear. Alternatively, you can click the gear icon next to All Answer Data to make all metadata appear.
5. Now click the plug icon in the Up metadata row for the answer you would like to connect to Datadog. We'll use the primary 18.104.22.168 answer in this example. Choose 3rd Party Integrations.
6. Your newly created Pingdom alert will appear alongside any previously configured 3rd-party integrations. Click on the Pingdom integration and hit Save.