While NS1 is primarily used for DNS and traffic management, we also have a robust monitoring solution built right into our portal. Monitoring can be used as a standalone service for alerts or as a Data Feed for real-time traffic management.
In our example, we will set up a simple monitor on a website. Learn how to configure email notifications for your monitor in this separate Knowledge Base article.
- Click on the Monitors tab and then on the Add Monitor button
- Configure options on the new monitoring job, such as job type, regions to monitor from, and frequency of checks
- Click into your new monitor, switch over to the Notifiers tab and either attach an existing Notification List or create a new Notifier that you wish to alert
- Your new Monitoring Job is running and will keep you informed of any uptime changes
- Now you can connect this new monitor to an answer for a Filter Chain record. Navigate to the record and click the plug icon in the Up metadata row. Select NS1 Monitors from the menu and choose your new monitor. Hit Save.