NEW YORK – Sept. 27, 2016 – NS1®, the leading intelligent DNS and traffic management provider, announced today that it has raised more than $20 million in a Series B round led by Deutsche Telekom Capital Partners, with participation from Two Sigma Ventures and existing investors including Flybridge Capital Partners and Sigma Prime Ventures. As part of the funding, Deutsche Telekom Capital Partners’ Jack Young will join NS1’s board.
Today’s applications are increasingly dynamic and are deployed on distributed, automated infrastructure that shifts constantly to meet new workloads. These trends are driven by the demands of a global audience of users who have come to expect lightning-fast performance and rock-solid reliability in every interaction. NS1’s technology empowers developers and enterprises to take advantage of these tectonic shifts in modern application architectures.
- The NS1 platform dramatically improves application performance, operational efficiency and customer experience by intelligently and automatically routing traffic.
- Driven in real time by user, network, infrastructure and application telemetry, NS1 allows application developers to flexibly tune traffic according to specific business objectives.
- With its API-first architecture and dozens of integrations, NS1 is a key enabling component for DevOps initiatives, including digital transformation, continuous delivery and automation across highly elastic architectures.
Since closing Series A financing, NS1 has hit several key milestones:
- Achieved triple-digit year-over-year growth and added established market players like Yelp, LinkedIn and many more to its growing list of customers.
- Launched two new products:
- Dedicated DNS - The first SaaS-based technology for delivering DNS and intelligent traffic management in private and hybrid networks, both on premises and in cloud environments.
- Pulsar - An advanced traffic management solution that leverages hyper-granular network performance data from across the Internet to make real-time traffic routing decisions.
- The NS1 platform now handles hundreds of billions of queries per month, making it one of the largest providers of mission-critical DNS services in the world.
- Increased headcount significantly and opened a new headquarters in New York City’s Silicon Alley, as well as offices in San Francisco and Singapore.
Jim Davis, senior analyst, service providers at 451 Research, said: “Every business is becoming a digital business, and those that do not successfully transform their business will likely face extinction. Application delivery is a key component of customer experience and digital engagement that, when done properly, will enable organizations to not just survive, but thrive.”
Kris Beevers, NS1 co-founder and CEO, said:
“Application architectures have changed dramatically in the last decade, with an increasingly significant focus on the delivery of dynamic, distributed and heavily automated applications. As a result, there is a massive opportunity to provide application developers with tools to manage performance and reliability, improve operational efficiency and more effectively direct traffic in real time as conditions change in the application infrastructure and on the internet.”
Jack Young, partner at Deutsche Telekom Capital Partners, said:
“The NS1 platform is a mission-critical component of some of the most visited websites and applications in the world. In a short time, they have achieved market acceptance by the leading players in the industry. The company has a vision to truly transform how modern applications are delivered, and we believe they are poised to successfully execute on that vision. DTCP looks forward to NS1’s continued fast growth and we are excited to include them in our portfolio.”
NS1’s intelligent DNS and traffic management platform, with its data-driven architecture and unique Filter Chain routing engine, is purpose-built for the most demanding, mission-critical applications on the Internet. NS1’s comprehensive platform technology leverages infrastructure, application and network data to make intelligent routing decisions in real time, ensuring optimal application performance and reliability. NS1’s customers include Yelp, LinkedIn, Imgur, MaxCDN, Collective Media and others. Visit ns1.com to learn more.
About Deutsche Telekom Capital Partners (DTCP)
Deutsche Telekom Capital Partners (DTCP) is Deutsche Telekom’s investment management group. With approximately $2 billion under management and advisory, and a portfolio of over 70 companies, DTCP provides venture capital, private equity, and strategic advisory services to the technology, media and telecommunication sectors. Operating as a bridge between Europe, Silicon Valley and Israel, the Company connects people, capital, and ideas to accelerate innovation and provide value to its portfolio companies, its limited partners, and the connected world. @TelekomCapital