NEW YORK – February 2, 2018 – NS1, the leader in next generation DNS solutions, announced today that it closed out 2017 with triple-digit revenue growth for the fourth consecutive year with more than 97 percent of enterprise customers renewing agreements for the coming year.
The company more than doubled its team in 2017, expanded into the European, Middle Eastern and African (EMEA) market, and became the only organization offering DNS with advanced traffic management for mainland China. With the launch of Nameserver Acceleration™ for China, IT operators can seamlessly and intelligently leverage NS1’s global and mainland China DNS networks simultaneously, ensuring optimal performance, including a 25 percent reduction in global latency.
In 2017, NS1 focused its initiatives to continue solving challenges associated with global digital transformation. Its Integrated Traffic Management program fosters integrations with leading application delivery controllers. NS1 also launched new enterprise-ready features for secure management, visibility and automation, including integration with Terraform, which broadened the depth of NS1’s support for enterprises adopting infrastructure as code strategies. These key product enhancements and new releases enable customers to unlock the potential of DNS to improve application performance, enable application uptime and security, and drive operational efficiencies and automation.
“Modern infrastructure is evolving. As companies begin to leverage the benefits of cloud, mobile and Internet of Things (IoT) technologies, they find that legacy DNS solutions cannot deliver the automation, security, reliability and performance these innovations demand,” said Kris Beevers, co-founder and CEO of NS1. “It is no longer just the leading-edge, Internet-based companies looking to improve application delivery with next generation DNS technologies. We are seeing more and more growth in the enterprise market as all businesses move to a more modern architecture and look to operate at scale to better serve customers.”
Other key milestones achieved by NS1 in 2017:
- Secured a $20 million funding round to support continued investment in its world-class engineering team and global network infrastructure
- Added to its list of major Internet and enterprise customers with hundreds of new customer wins including Salesforce, The Guardian, Weight Watchers, Vail Resorts and a top 10 North American airline
- Facilitated rapid growth in turnkey redundant DNS deployments to improve security and resiliency of DNS without compromising on next generation traffic management capabilities
- Released support for CERT DNS records, enabling healthcare providers participating in DirectTrust to securely exchange patient care information in compliance with HIPAA regulations
- Strengthened company leadership with the addition of Marge Breya, board of directors; Prianka De, head of people; Salil Jani, vice president of business development and general counsel; Renee Orser, director of engineering; and Kathleen Rohrecker, vice president of marketing
- Became a sought-after expert regarding the use of next generation DNS to orchestrate application delivery. Company leadership was tapped for keynote presentations at conferences ranging from Gartner Inc. to Velocity conferences in the U.S. and UK, as well as DevOps Days. NS1 is also a regular contributor to key industry publications, such as Network World
NS1’s continued, rapid year-over-year growth, combined with a 97 percent retention of enterprise clients, is evidence that NS1 leads the modern DNS market as a sought-after innovator and solutions provider. As more companies across all industry verticals embrace the macro trends of micro-service architecture and infrastructure automation, NS1’s ability to deliver agile, flexible solutions that enable digital transformation will ensure continued momentum throughout 2018. During the next year, NS1 will be expanding its platform for additional enterprise use cases, bringing new cloud and software products to market, and driving rapid growth in the technology and enterprise segments.
NS1 is the leader in next generation DNS solutions that orchestrate the delivery of the world’s most critical Internet and enterprise applications. Only NS1’s purpose-built platform, which is built on a modern API-first architecture, transforms DNS into an intelligent, efficient and automated system, driving dramatic gains in reliability, resiliency, security and performance of application delivery infrastructure. Many of the highest-trafficked sites and largest global enterprises trust NS1, including Salesforce, LinkedIn, Dropbox, Nielsen, Squarespace, Pandora, Weight Watchers and The Guardian.